I was cruising Pinterest the other day and I saw some cool framed silhouette art that some folks had made by cutting out pictures of their dogs. I decided to try the same technique with fabric. The hardest part was finding the right photo. I chose and printed out this one.
I decided to make the print out a little bit bigger... then I cut Ruby out of the picture
I accidentally flipped the cut out which didn't matter and did a blanket stitch all the way around.
She looked "naked" so I gave her a collar and a tag.
I blanket stitched around that and put and "R" for Ruby on the tag.
I drew some lines coming out from the center with disappearing fabric marker.
I stitched these lines with different colors of thread. My idea was to give it a 70's psychedelic 3d look. It probably would have been a good idea to quilt it before I appliqued the dog on but the quilting style was a last minute idea. I had first planned to echo the dog and then decided not to.
Here is the finished product! A little bland but all in all not too bad.