I put two layers of batting where the hole in the middle was and then backed it with a really heavy muslin (also from the box of goodies!). After I got it all pinned I stitched them along the tie lines and then made a big spiral out from the center to lock in all the ties.
The centerpiece is made from a template technique. The ties are broken down, fused with pellon and then sewn together.
I haven't really gone any farther with the bigger version of this and it may have to go on the back burner for a while.
Speaking of back burner, I put my opt-art quilt on a solid backing today. I'm thinking it's too big for a wall hanging so maybe I'll border it and turn it into a quilt.
Happy Tuesday, everyone!