Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday works...

Good morning!

Now that I have cleared my plate again I went looking for something fun to play with.  Lately I've been really fascinated with optical illusions so I purchased a book called "Opt-Art Quilts" by Marilyn Doheny.





I was so excited to see some really logical ways of creating these awesome illusions!  Another extra special bonus is that she gives you some very helpful tips for rotary cutting since these designs are absolutely hinged on how clean you cut.  I learned a new trick or two!



So that's what I'm working on now.  I found some fabric to play with and have gotten everything cut and one big chunk pieced together.  I'm planning to take these fundamentals and then turn it into something with my twist on it.  I can't wait to see this come together!

















I have a few other things "in the works" that I hope to be able to share with you all soon!!  In the meantime, only Jodie knows... and she ain't talking. :0)

Shhhhhhhhh

Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Until our corners meet again,
-- Alison

1 comment: