Tuesday, August 7, 2012

More Fun With all These Crazy Neckties

Doggie Neckties

With all these neckties I have inherited I've had fun finding ways to use them up.  Neckties are so long that you really have two ties in one, a big end and a little end.  I have cut off the little end to the "right" length for the dog and then added an inch or so to account for the distance around the collar.  I then just zig- zagged across and put in a couple of darts on either side to make it look like it has been knotted.  Super easy, quick and fun!  What else can I make with almost 200 vintage neckties?

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I have a collar that I bought for my cat that looks like a white shirt collar and tiny little tie. He tolerates it at best because it's a little tight - maybe I could make my own for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just too cute. When I am visiting my daughter this winter, I'll have to make one for each of her two dogs! Then they can 'dress' for special functions and holiday gatherings at the house. ~karen

    ReplyDelete